Want to Write For Truly Traveled?
If you’re a reliable travel writer, photographer, or videographer who can consistently produce interesting and engaging content we want to hear from you!
Who is behind Truly Traveled?
Our team has grown websites from 0 to 8.8 million page views in 7 months, has attracted a Facebook fan base of over 1,300,000 highly engaged users, and currently manages 10+ websites in 7 different languages.
Why Write for Us?
- Promote yourself and your blog to a large audience by having your content published on Truly Traveled’s website and social/email channels.
- Improving your writing skills by gaining professional experience which can be used on your CV/resume.
- Earn extra money from writing and licensing pictures and videos to us.
What Should I Write About?
- Explore trulytraveled.com to gain inspiration from what we currently publish and brainstorm ways to take the content to the next level.
- We accept original articles with original high-resolution photos and videos. Combine your written text with engaging photos/videos to improve engagement. We prioritize well-researched, intelligently written travel articles that will provoke, inform, and entertain.
- Before starting to write a new article, we ask that you send a proposed title and brief description to our editorial team for approval. Pitching a summary of the articles with an outline will enable us to give you better feedback.
How Should I Write the Articles?
- Don’t send press releases or sales pitches.
- Avoid generic content. Get Creative! Your article should have a voice, be bold, interesting, and human.
- Articles should be at least 800 words long and written concisely.
- Include your high-resolution photos and videos to better share you story.
- Readers prefer structure. Use bullet points, short paragraphs, and subheadings.
- Link to helpful resources when it makes sense.
- Include a punch line. Every reader should take away useful lessons or tips.
- End with a brief summary (for longer articles)
How Much Will I Get Paid?
We offer a fixed per-word and per-picture/video compensation rate. All writers start at modest rates and those who consistently produce high-quality content will be rewarded with significant compensation increases.
Ultimately, we’re looking for contributors who can consistently produce great content on a regular basis.
How do I get started?
Ready to get to work? Submit your details on this form.
Once you’re on-board, we’ll share the details about producing content and getting paid.